You probably already have a regular skincare routine.
Then suddenly, you come across a facial serum that claims to be effective in addressing your specific skin concerns.
But what is a facial serum? What exactly is its purpose? When do you need to apply a facial serum? Is it necessary to use it every day?
Well, there’s no need to look any further.
Here are the answers you’ve been looking for about facial serums and when to add them to your skincare routine.
What is a facial serum?
A facial serum is a lightweight, slightly viscous liquid that contains a high dose of active ingredients that penetrate easily and deeply into the skin.
A facial serum can be added to your regular skincare routine if you wish to further improve your overall results.
Due to a facial serum’s concentration of powerful ingredients, it helps provide extra nourishment for your skin to make your face visibly smoother and firmer while providing more moisture.
How to use a facial serum
A facial serum may seem fancy, but using it is quite simple to use.
All you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Cleanse your face first with a pH balancing cleanser.
- Gently pat the surface dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Place a pea-sized amount of serum into your face, neck, and décolletage.
- Gently massage your face, neck, and décolletage with your fingertips.
As you can see, a facial serum is easily included in your regular routine, between your cleanser and your moisturiser.
Why should you use a facial serum?
There are a few reasons why you may want to add a facial serum to your skincare regime:
- A facial serum helps to increase skin volume by replenishing and retaining moisture in the deeper layers of your skin.
- A facial serum helps fight the signs of skin ageing by providing potent ingredients such as Vitamin A
- A facial serum can improve your complexion by addressing dull and discoloured skin caused by pollution and daily UV exposure.
Even though your cabinets have all of your regular essentials, such as sunscreen and eye creams, you may consider gradually integrating a face serum too.
While a facial serum can seem quite expensive in comparison to your normal products, just remember that you’re paying for potent ingredients that provide a lot of skincare benefits, from clearing blemishes to smoothing wrinkles.
When to use a facial serum?
A facial serum can be used in the morning, at night, or both.
Applying it on your face once or twice a day is enough to deliver the best results, primarily due to its high concentration of quality ingredients.
Are you looking for a facial serum that will work best for you?
Try our Skin Doctors superfacelift™
Our superfacelift™ 50ml is the original “facelift” in a jar that works to reduce forehead wrinkles by 86% in 4 weeks.
Its microencapsulated retinol promises to:
- Reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles by up to 86% in 4 weeks
- Reduce the appearance of crow’s feet by 63% in 8 weeks
This product also helps to:
- Improve the cell renewal process
- Stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Improve firmness, tone & moisturisation of the skin
Make sure to note that it is recommended for:
- All skin types (Caution for sensitive skins and not for use during pregnancy)
- Reduced skin firmness and loss of elasticity
- Sallow and sagging skin
- Aged skin as a treatment
Our Skin Doctors superfacelift™ 50ml product is best used after cleansing with Skin Doctors pH balancing cleanser 100ml.
Apply it in conjunction with Skin Doctors™ SPF protection during the day and your choice of Skin Doctors™ moisturiser at night.