Audrey Hepburn once said, “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes.”
It’s very believable until you look in the mirror and see that yours are surrounded by fine lines, growing wrinkles or dark circles.
Nevertheless, there’s still hope! Some quality eye serums promise to make you look more youthful and vibrant by smoothing the skin around your eyes.
How does it work, though? Will it really help you or will it just end up sitting in your vanity cabinet like your other unused skincare products?
Here’s some information about what eye serum is and why you would use one.
What is an eye serum?
Generally speaking, serum is a powerful skincare product that has a lightweight formula that allows it to supply active ingredients by penetrating deeply into the skin. Because of this, it is often used to fight signs of ageing such as wrinkles.
In particular, eye serum is applied to provide nourishing hydration to the delicate skin around the eyes to help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, and dark circles.
Why use an eye serum?
There are a couple of reasons why eye serum is beneficial to you.
If you’ve been dealing with signs of ageing on your face, a quality eye serum is exactly what you need, because it:
- Hydrates and tightens the skin around the eyes
- Minimises the appearance of wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines
- Lessens the puffiness and dark circles around the eye
- Restores a radiant and youthful appearance
Brilliant, isn’t it?
How does it reduce eye wrinkles?
The skin around your eyes is significantly more sensitive and thinner than the skin on the rest of your body. You’ll notice that it feels very delicate to the touch.
Think of it as comparing paper and cardboard to tissue paper.
It’s also not as capable of producing natural hydration to replace its moisture.
Due to these reasons, fine lines and wrinkles that appear around your eye area are more noticeable.
An eye serum, because of its more fluid formula, penetrates deeper into the skin than other, regular skincare moisturisers. This allows it to target cells that are not yet at the top surface levels, keeping more skin layers nourished and healthy.
Furthermore, the powerful ingredients found within eye serum improve the tone and firmness of the skin.
What are the common ingredients used in an eye serum?
Since every skincare regimen differs, it’s beneficial to know what your products are made of. While eye serums can range, they generally include the following three key ingredients.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This is a non-irritating, plumping and moisturising ingredient that provides a youthful appearance in the skin around the eyes.
- Neuropeptides– By boosting the creation of collagen, these proteins assist in the filling of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinol (Vitamin A)– This ingredient minimises fine lines and wrinkles by inducing the amount of collagen created naturally in the body.
How to use an eye serum?
Using an eye serum is not complicated, but it is a delicate area, so take care when applying.
Simply follow the steps below:
- After cleansing, dispense a pea-sized amount of serum onto your ring finger.
- Dab it around the under part of the eye, starting from the inside corner of the eye patting outwards.
- Apply excess eye serum on the brow bone.
Also, don’t forget to do this application every morning and every night.
Try our Skin Doctors eyewrinkle product
Our eyewrinkle 15ml is a superior lightweight under eye cream which is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of eye wrinkles.
In just 28 days, it promises to deliver the following results:
- Wrinkle volume by up to 93.5%
- Wrinkle depth by up to 71.4%
- Wrinkle area by up to 77.8%
Aside from those, Skin Doctors eyewrinkle product offers additional benefits such as:
- Smoothening the skin around the delicate eye area
- Increasing the moisture retention of the skin around the eye area
Make sure to note that it is recommended for:
- Dehydrated skin and fine lines
- Aged skin as a treatment
- Younger skin as a preventive measure
True beauty dwells in the eyes. Don’t hesitate to give them the special care they need!
For more information, visit our website: https://www.skindoctors.com.au/eyewrinkle-15ml/