We’ve all seen various commercials and advertisements about anti-ageing skincare creams. We’ve also heard a lot of advice from our friends and colleagues about them.
It can all be a little confusing.
What exactly do anti-ageing skincare creams do?
When do you need to use anti-ageing skincare creams?
Are anti-ageing skincare creams good for any skin type?
These are all valid questions!
But before you add another wrinkle to your forehead wondering, here’s all you need to know about anti-ageing skincare creams.
What are anti-ageing skincare creams?
Anti-ageing skincare creams are moisturiser-based cosmeceutical products that help to minimise, conceal and prevent the physical signs of ageing on your skin, such as fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet.
As a result, anti-ageing skincare creams leave your skin with a radiant, youthful and fresh glow.
Why use anti-ageing skincare creams?
Generally speaking, anti-ageing skincare creams work in a few different ways to help return a youthful appearance to your skin.
Since anti-ageing skincare creams are moisturiser-based products, they hydrate the skin with essential moisture to make it more plump, flexible and soft. Because of this, wrinkles and fine lines look less prominent on your face.
Anti-ageing skincare creams also include a variety of powerful ingredients that specifically target aged or damaged skin by helping to minimise or even reverse the signs of ageing. They may even promise to improve your skin’s overall tone and firmness as well.
All of these benefits will help get your skin glowing once more!
What are the common ingredients used in anti-ageing skincare creams?
While anti-ageing skincare creams can range, they generally include the following key ingredients.
- Retinoids – This refers to Vitamin A compounds like retinol and retinoic acid which are said to be effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Tagravit R is an encapsulated retinol (vitamin A) which is only activated upon application to the skin. This is beneficial as it prevents the oxidation of the retinol and provides a much more concentrated cream.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) – These include glycolic, citric and lactic acid, all of which are natural ingredients from fruits and milk sugars. They are utilised to exfoliate the skin.
In particular, lactic acid minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles because of its ability to hold water in the skin.
- Antioxidants– Antioxidants help in easing dryness and retaining moisture in the skin by acting as a shield from damaging environmental factors such as pollution and direct sun exposure. They also aid in making the skin look fresh, healthy and radiant, regardless of skin type.
- Vitamin E – A popular type of antioxidant is Vitamin E.
It is known to correct damage to the skin caused by UV rays. Vitamin E also fights the effects of free radicals produced by the metabolism of food and toxins in the environment.
So, when it comes to selecting an anti-ageing cream, make sure to check that it contains the right ingredients.
How often should you use anti-ageing skincare creams?
For excellent results, dermatologists and skin experts advise that anti-ageing skincare creams must be applied every night and day.
How to use anti-ageing skincare creams
Applying anti-ageing creams is not complex or any different from other skincare products. Simply follow the steps below:
- Use a cleanser to refresh and prime the face, neck and décolletage area.
- Make sure your face is dry before applying a pea-sized amount into your face, neck, and décolletage.
Remember to avoid the delicate eye area when you put this cream onto your face. Instead, use specific eye treatment products.
Are you looking for an anti-ageing skincare cream to refresh your complexion?
Try our Skin Doctors superfacelift™
Our superfacelift™ 50ml is the original “facelift” in a jar that works to reduce forehead wrinkles by 86% in 4 weeks.
Its microencapsulated retinol promises to:
- Reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles by up to 86% in 4 weeks
- Reduce the appearance of crow’s feet by 63% in 8 weeks
It also helps to:
- Improve the cell renewal process
- Stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Improve firmness, tone & moisturisation of the skin
Make sure to note that it is recommended for:
- All skin types (Caution for sensitive skins and not for use during pregnancy)
- Reduced skin firmness and loss of elasticity
- Sallow and sagging skin
- Aged skin as a treatment
Our Skin Doctors superfacelift™ 50ml product is best used after cleansing with Skin Doctors pH balancing cleanser 100ml. Apply it in conjunction with Skin Doctors™ SPF protection during the day and your choice of Skin Doctors™ moisturiser at night.
Due to the AHA and Vitamin A in this product, increased sun sensitivity may be experienced. Supermoist SPF 50 MUST be used daily when using superfacelift.
Hit refresh on your tired skin with Skin Doctors superfacelift™- get your dose of anti-ageing skincare cream for a youthful glow once more!
For more information, visit our website: https://www.skindoctors.com.au/supermoist-24hr-hydration-50ml/