A regular skincare routine can really help improve your skin’s softness, tone and complexion. But, which products do you use to get great results?
You may have seen some creams which contain bee venom and you’ve been curious about how it works and what it does to help with anti-ageing. It’s not surprising – bee venom cream has been creating quite the buzz in the beauty world with its promise of fighting wrinkles and other signs of ageing, all without the pain, recovery time and cost of surgery.
So, we’ve compiled a complete guide of all the things you need to know about bee venom cream to help you decide if it deserves a place in your daily skincare routine.
What is bee venom cream?
Bee venom cream, or bee sting cream, is exactly what the name suggests – a skincare cream made with bee’s venom.
But before you panic, it’s harmless to you and no bees are hurt in this process. The venom is, instead, extracted using a soft glass pane that bees are encouraged to sting after they have been attracted to it by a gentle electric current.
When applied, Bee venom cream penetrates your skin, increasing your blood circulation, collagen and elastin production. As a result, your skin looks plumper and firmer – lifting, filling and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
Why use a bee venom cream?
The bee venom ingredient works by ‘tricking’ your skin into thinking that it has been stung. As a defence mechanism, your body starts to increase the blood flow in the face – treating the area with fresh oxygen and nutrients that stimulate the production of natural collagen and elastin, as well.
The increased collagen and elastin levels generate new skin cells which help in lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, ultimately having an anti-ageing effect.
Bee venom cream benefits for your skin
- Reduces the visibility of crow’s feet– Bee venom can help minimise other signs of ageing such as crow’s feet and smile lines around your face.
- Aids in fighting acne– Research has found that Bee Venom is also an effective treatment of mild to moderate acne1.
- Reduces the effects of eczema– Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it has been found that bee venom can also reduce the itchiness and the severity of certain types of eczema2.
- Creates a glowing complexion – Bee venom triggers a healing response from your body, increasing blood flow which can produce a radiant effect.
How to use a bee venom cream
Using bee venom cream is no different to using other skincare products.
It’s recommended to try a small amount first and leave it for 24 hours to ensure no irritation or adverse reaction occurs from its use.
After you’ve allowed enough time, you can start to use the cream all over your face.
After cleansing, simply apply a small amount of bee venom cream to your face, neck and neckline (while avoiding the eye area). It is also advisable to apply a gentle moisturiser afterwards to soften and further protect your skin.
What are the ingredients in bee venom cream?
To get the best results from your skincare routine, it’s important to use products that have the highest quality ingredients.
When buying a cream containing bee venom, you should check if it contains the following ingredients:
- Bee Venom – of course, it’s not a bee venom cream without the bee venom itself. Melittin is the main component of this.
- Manuka Honey – this is the honey produced by bees who pollinate the Manuka bush. Manuka Honey offers additional antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits to your skin.
Do you want to give a bee venom cream a go and see how these ingredients can help your skin?
Try our Skin Doctors beetox 50ml!
Skin Doctors beetox triples the formation of collagen in 7 days leaving your skin looking brighter, firmer and visibly younger.
The ingredients trick the skin into thinking it has been lightly stung – instantly working to help tighten, lift and firm your skin.
It helps to:
- Instantly activate your skin cells to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin and ageing
- Actively defies ageing with bee venom and manuka honey
- Leave your skin looking brighter, firmer and visibly younger
1 J Cosmet Dermatol. 2016 Dec;15(4):324-329. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12227. Epub 2016 May 24. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27216488. Accessed 25 Feb 2020.
2 Mol Med Rep. 2018 Oct; 18(4): 3711–3718. Published online 2018 Aug 17. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2018.9398. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6131226/. Accessed 25 Feb 2020.